The Agave syrup is the sweet vegetable juice extracted from the stalks of Tequilana Weber Blue Agave range, one of the most noble and emblematic plants of our culture and mexican landscape. Its name means “noble or admirable” and belongs to the family of Agavaceae , now from the subfamily Agavoideae. At the field it is easy to recognize, since their leaves are beefy, rigids and with a specific greenish blue color.
When it achieves its maturation cycle, the harvester (jimador) is in charge of removing the leaves in order to get to the heart of the Agave and extract its benefits.
To this first extraction we call it Aguamiel, and to obtain the syrup it is required to heat it or treat it by the enzymatic form to hydrolyze the carbohydrates, mainly fructans and therefore transform them into simple sugars. Then it is filtered and concentrated in heat to obtain the texture and colorimetry that it requires according to its use or application.
Benefits and qualities of the Agave syrup
The Agave syrup is an ideal substitute to sweeten food and beverages, besides being easily metabolized, it is also suitable for different lifestyles and diets. Among its main benefits and qualities, we can mention these as following:
– It is a natural amazing sweetener with a low glycemic index.
– It sweetens 30% more than regular sugar and is an excellent substitute for other sweeteners.
– It stimulates the growth of intestinal flora, so it can help in the prevention of colon diseases.
– Being of 100% vegetable origin, it is suitable for vegans, vegetarians and those allergic to gluten.
– It provides a deep feeling of satiety for a longer period.
– It is free of allergens and is not genetically modified.
– It has high solubility and is easily metabolized.
– It creates synergy with other ingredients and helps to intensify the flavor of some foods.
Besides, with the new label regulation in Mexico, no octagon is applied to it, since it is a single-ingredient product: The Blue Agave.
Undoubtedly, among the different ways to,naturally, sweeten something, Agave Syrup is a delicious alternative, since it can be used in small quantities and provide a terrific flavor.
Are you interested in learning more about our Agave Syrup solutions? We invite you to visit www.nobazul.com and get to know our wide catalog of bulk presentations for your brand requirements, or to help you in the development of your own brand of Agave Syrup.